Become an EarthCraft Builder
Ready To Start Building For The Future?
The EarthCraft House Builder certification process and participation requirements prepare contractors to build and certify projects that meet the requirements and guidelines of the EarthCraft House program.
Questions or concerns? Viridiant is here to help.
Become an EarthCraft Builder today.
Why Become An EarthCraft Builder?
For Builders, The EarthCraft House Program Is An Effective Means To:
- Reduce callback volume by improving the comfort and durability of homes
- Save on construction costs
- Differentiate their homes and buildings from those that are conventionally built
Participation In The EarthCraft Family Of Programs
EarthCraft also offers Multifamily, Renovation, Communities and Light Commercial programs. Further training is required to participate in these programs. Please consult our website and/or a member of the Viridiant staff to learn about additional requirements for working in these programs.
There are experience and membership prerequisites to become an EarthCraft House Certified Builder. The following is a summary of this information. Please review this information in more detail in the EarthCraft Manual.
- Local HBA Membership: EarthCraft House Certified Builder candidates must be a current member, in good standing, of their local Home Builders Associations. Be prepared to provide a member number or other confirmation that you are a current member of your HBA at the time of your online application. Non-profit organizations are exempt from this requirement.
- Attend Training: The EarthCraft House Builder Training consists of a one-day classroom course that covers the basics of the EarthCraft House program from the builder’s perspective, including participant roles and responsibilities, program guidelines and requirements, and the project certification process.
- Application & Fee: Please fill out the program application and submit it with the Annual Fee ($150). All fees must be paid in full before an individual will be recognized as an EarthCraft House Certified Builder.
- Receipt of Certificate: Once your application is processed, you will receive an email recognizing you as a “builder member” in the EarthCraft program and you will be listed on our website.
Notable EarthCraft Builder Fees
|EarthCraft House Builder Training||$175|
|EarthCraft House Builder Annual Fee|
|Local Home Builders Association Fee|
Varies per local HBA