Interested in joining our team?
Position Summary: Viridiant is a non-profit environmental organization that works to advance sustainable, affordable, and energy efficient construction. The Project Manager will manage Viridiant’s multifamily projects (and consequent administration of certification programs) from start to finish. Additionally, the PM will participate in financial reporting and contract management for individual projects.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determine project scope and develop contracts.
- Perform takeoffs from architectural plans
- Review construction documents and perform energy model projections
- Coordinate and support Design Review(charrette and plan review)facilitation
- Support field staff/Technical Advisors
- Track and maintain project documents.
- Manage administration and delivery of certification programs including Utility Allowances and Final Certification.
- Perform Quality Assurance/ Quality Control.
- Track and approve Technical Advisor inspection expenses.
- Opportunity to support commercial services.
- Perform additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization.
Job Requirements and Qualifications (education and experience):
- Some college; Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years in the construction industry; Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Proficiency reading architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans.
- Experience in architectural and energy modeling & analysis software (e.g., Revit, Bluebeam, Procore) preferred.
- RESNET Rater Field Inspector or HERS Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient construction and green building practices preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic about educating builders on Viridiant’s services and encouraging builder participation in programs.
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) or related area; able to readily learn new software programs.
- Ability to manage and prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent task management and organizational skills.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license; DMV record in good standing.
- Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Work Environment, Travel and Expected Work Hours:
This position is performed in both the field / construction work environment and traditional office environment. It might require the individual to travel to other locations for meetings or for other business-related needs. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties and business demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to control computer mouse, type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Viridiant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation and socioeconomic background. In addition to federal law requirements Viridiant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Viridiant is an equal opportunity employer.