- This event has passed.
EarthCraft House Program Update – Introduction Webinar
May 24, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 1:45 pmfree
Viridiant and Southface Energy Institute have been working on an update to the EarthCraft House program that will go into effect for new projects registered after July 1, 2018. During this webinar, we will review the upcoming changes and open the floor to questions from our attendees.
- A streamlined worksheet. There will be ~115 items instead of current ~475.
- All items on the worksheet will be required. There will no longer be points.
- An energy model won’t be required for the base level of certification. Prescriptive items in the worksheet will ensure the energy efficiency of the home, as well as blower door and duct blaster testing.
- “Badges” will replace certification levels. There will be 4 optional badges projects can pursue:
- Performance: An energy model will be done as part of this path.
- Comfort: This will focus on a well-designed HVAC system and include testing and balancing of the ductwork.
- Environment: Reduced material consumption during construction, construction waste management, and stormwater control are encompassed in this badge.
- Health: This badge primarily focuses on good indoor air quality, largely through better-than-average ventilation strategies.
- The cost for certification will be reduced for base certification. The price for base certification + the Performance badge will remain consistent with the current price structure.