EarthCraft Multifamily is the country’s first multifamily-specific green building program. It addresses both newly constructed multifamily projects and renovations. The result is multifamily communities that are healthy and operationally cost effective, as well as energy, water, and resource efficient. The multifamily program addresses a wide range of sustainability issues, including environmental performance, indoor air quality, building durability, comfort, and affordability. These concerns at the unit level and for the community as a whole. The EarthCraft Multifamily program utilizes a HERS rating, program guidelines, points-based worksheet, site visits, and diagnostic testing to verify that each project complies with program standards and current green building best practices. Project teams work with an EarthCraft Multifamily Project Manager and Technical Advisor, who will provide support in meeting program criteria from the design phase through all phases of construction.
VIRIDIANT CERTIFICATION SERVICES (INCLUDED IN CONTRACT)
Viridiant will perform the following scope of services in accordance with the verification of EarthCraft certification requirements:
- Design Review: When the project’s drawings are 80-85% complete the project team should schedule a Design Review meeting. Upon the submittal of project information and documents, Viridiant will develop unit-level energy models per RESNET Standards and Multifamily Modeling Guidelines to assess whether predicted energy performance meets EarthCraft performance requirements. Based on your Viridiant Project Manager’s review, they will provide recommendations to further optimize energy performance. Program requirements, recommendations, and energy model projections will be reviewed with the Project Team and appropriate stakeholders at the Design Review meeting.
- Construction Kick-Off Meeting: Your Viridiant Technical Advisor will review the EarthCraft and project goals on-site with the general contractor’s project manager and site supervisor, and any subcontractors identified by the project team whose work will be impacted by EarthCraft program standards.
- Technical Advisor Inspections: The Viridiant Technical Advisor will perform regular site visits to verify program compliance and visually inspect a sampling of equipment, duct systems, and insulation. They will also perform preliminary and final diagnostic testing on a sample of units. Tests include blower door, duct blaster, and ventilation.
- Certification: Upon completion of all program requirements, Viridiant will certify the project and provide documentation of the certification to all necessary parties.
- Viridiant’s Specification Sheet
- EarthCraft Multifamily New Construction Workbook
- EarthCraft Multifamily Renovation Workbook
- EarthCraft Multifamily Technical Guidelines
Register your project below to get started on your path to EarthCraft certification. Already registered? Schedule your Design Review Meeting or sign up for additional services HERE.