Home Energy Audits
Expert Advice to Save Money, Improve Health and Safety, Cut Carbon
Viridiant offers in-home and remote consultations by building science experts to help you understand your home and where your energy dollars are going. All of our energy auditors hold Virginia’s required Residential Building Energy Analyst license to perform home energy inspections.
In-home audits take about two hours and start at $45*. They include:
- a whole-house inspection
- utility bill analysis
- a prioritized list of improvements affecting energy costs, health, and durability
* Some restrictions apply, please contact us for eligibility details.
To protect you and our staff during in-home visits, Viridiant’s COVID-19 safety precautions include the following:
- performing daily health screenings of field staff
- wearing N95 masks and fresh nitrile gloves in every home
- disinfecting all of our equipment after each home visit
- maintaining a minimum of six feet distance from clients
- requiring that all clients wear masks while we are in their homes
For those who prefer, we also offer remote energy audits via video-conference (Zoom, Meet, FaceTime, Skype, etc.). These take about one hour, cost $85, and do not include the complementary products – but offer the same level of building science knowledge and holistic approach to energy, comfort, and health in your home.
Additional diagnostic services are available during in-home audits, including:
- infrared scan: $75 – images showing weak spots in your home’s “thermal envelope” shared with report (service is weather-dependent)
- blower door test: $75 – measures how drafty your home is and targets problem areas
- duct leakage testing: $85 – for the main system, $65 for any additional; blower door test required also – this measures the amount of heated/cooled air you pay for but doesn’t reach the registers
For our complete list of energy, safety, and economic analysis services with costs, see service fees.
Our core service area is the Richmond metro region. More distant locations may incur a travel charge. We also can recommend qualified partners that serve other areas of the state.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with Viridiant, contact Andrew Grigsby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-252-1486.
To get started, complete the form below.