Viridiant is currently hiring for the following position. To be considered for this immediate opening, please send your resume with salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled. Please, no telephone inquiries. Viridiant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internships may also be available. Please contact us at email@example.com with inquiries.
Director of Operations
Viridiant is a growing, non-profit environmental organization that works to advance sustainable, affordable, and energy efficient construction. The Director of Operations is responsible for hands-on oversight of all office operations including bookkeeping and general accounting, human resources and general office management. This position has the potential to expand into finance management, including budgets, investments, contract management and finance committee communications. This role reports to the Executive Director who reports to the Board of Directors.
Viridiant is energetic and offers a friendly work environment, attractive office, excellent educational opportunities and the opportunity to have a positive impact on the building industry and environment. For over ten years, the organization has been contributing to the community with a budget of approximately $1.4M and a fulltime staff of 11, as well as 15 independent field contractors. This is a unique opportunity to be part of cutting edge, high performance buildings and technologies!
Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Data entry and management of AR / AP and processed twice a month
- Process payroll twice a monthand complete monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings
- Prepare tax management and audit prep + management
- Updating, maintaining, and reporting through QuickBooks and Excel chart of accounts / products / services / departments as needed
- Monthly bank reconciliation and financials presented to Executive Director
- Quarterly financials / support to finance committee
- Assist in budget forecasting
- Cost management – supporting production of overhead rates
- Manage the onboarding and off boarding to include recruiting and hiring process, day-to-day employee relations and benefits for 11 full-time employees
- Performance management process – annual / mid-year reviews and performance improvement plans
- Benefits administration (e.g., health insurance and retirement coverage)
- Timesheets and Paid Time Off (PTO) management
- Provide technology support with computers, phones and subscriptions
- Manage office operations, meetings, equipment, supplies and subscriptions
- Perform operational analysis on internal systems and processes to improve efficiency to include: manage rent and utilities, insurance audits, providing vendors and customers with I9/COIs, commercial insurance management, Salesforce workflow/processes, Administration of renewal, registration, licenses and government registrations in general
- Perform additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Some college course work; Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred
- Combined minimum 1-3 years related experience in accounting, human resources and office management; Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work successfully
- QuickBooks or related software plus accounting / financial analysis and reporting experience required
- Advanced in MS Office skills especially Excel required
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proactive and organized with attention to detail
- Acts with integrity and diplomacy handling confidential matters
- Some experience with CRM software a plus, especially Salesforce
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM generally, with some flexible options
- Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner
Competitive Compensation Package including base salary and extensive benefits!
To be considered for this immediate opening, please send your resume with salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE. On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.