Viridiant is currently hiring for the following position. To be considered for this immediate opening, please send your resume with salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled. Please, no telephone inquiries. Viridiant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Business Development Manager
Viridiant is a growing, non-profit environmental organization that works to advance sustainable, affordable, and energy efficient construction. This recently created role is a sales-driven Business Development Manager who will identify and cultivate new strategic relationships toward the development of new business opportunities for the organization. The incumbent will sell program and technical-based consulting services to the design, development and construction industry in the mid-Atlantic region. In addition, the role will offer services delivered primarily by the organization’s Multifamily team, with a secondary objective of the position to integrate into the Multifamily team in a leadership role. This role reports to the Executive Director who reports to the Board of Directors.
Viridiant is energetic and offers a friendly work environment, attractive office, excellent educational opportunities and the opportunity to have a positive impact on the building industry and environment. For over ten years, the organization has been contributing to the community with a budget of approximately $1.2M and a fulltime staff of 9, as well as 15 independent field contractors. This is a unique opportunity to be part of cutting edge, high performance buildings and technologies!
Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Secure new projects and represent the organization throughout all client interaction and project development including design review facilitation.
- Work closely with the multifamily team, developers, design and construction teams to ensure a smooth delivery of services from start to finish.
- Perform market Analysis: new client/project identification, tracking and outreach by leveraging property finance / investment / financial management knowledge.
- Client acquisition and retention.
- Scope and contract development.
- Assist in Multifamily team goal setting: financial, quality and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Participate in Design Review meetings.
- Technical Advisor coordination and oversight.
- Team Quality Assurance.
- Day and overnight travel.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Engineering or Construction, or suitable related experience.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated in-depth attention to detail concerning all aspects of the development process and financial impact.
- Property finance / investment / financial management knowledge highly desirable.
- Real estate or construction related sales and/or development experience desired but not required.
- Effectively manage and prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent task management and organizational skills.
- Commercial and/or multifamily field experience in design, construction retro-commissioning, building controls and HVAC and/or lighting design is a plus. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Outlook, Power Point and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in Salesforce.com a plus!
- Effective interpersonal, listening and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong focus on client satisfaction with a collaborative and positive demeanor.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Pre-employment background screening and drug / alcohol testing.
- Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM generally, with some flexible options. Some day and overnight travel required.
- Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner.
Competitive Compensation Package including base salary, performance bonus eligible, and extensive benefits!
To be considered for this immediate opening, please send your resume with salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE. On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.