EarthCraft Light Commercial
EarthCraft Light Commercial (ECLC), Viridiant’s newest program, is a regional green building certification program offering third-party recognition for environmentally responsible design and construction practices for small-scale, or “light,” commercial buildings in the Southeast. The program focuses on site planning, energy and water efficiency, building durability, and improved occupant health and productivity. ECLC is best suited for commercial building projects 50,000 square feet or less.
EarthCraft Light Commercial offers an intensive level of support during the design and construction process, focusing on the energy‐ and water‐efficient design strategies specific to smaller commercial buildings, as well as prescriptive measures that enhance builder education on sustainable construction practices.
- Affordable program cost (includes project administration, design and pre-construction meetings, site visits and performance testing)
- Technical guidance during project planning, design and construction
- Reduced paperwork through visual field verification and diagnostic testing
- Projects seeking to further distinguish themselves for building performance and/or occupant health and safety may seek additional certification packages. These packages, or certification badges, fall into two (2) categories:
- Health Badge: The Health Badge includes high performance outdoor air ventilation systems and increased attention to finish materials.
- Performance Badge: The Performance Badge supports building construction practices and materials supporting a commercial structure exceeding the energy code for energy and water efficiency.
Registration is $6,500 for all projects and is included in the totals below. Fees include mandatory two years of building performance monitoring with Lucid Building OS.
- 0-7,500 sq ft: $9,730
- 7,501-12,500: $14,595
- 12,501-25,000: $19,460
- 25,000-50,000: By proposal
*Additional travel costs will apply to projects based on project site location.
Additional resources can be found here.