Viridiant is currently hiring for the following position. To apply for the position, respond via email with a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Advisor Application” in subject line. Please, no telephone inquiries. Viridiant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Viridiant, a nonprofit environmental organization that works to advance sustainable, affordable, resource and energy efficient construction, seeks applications for a Technical Advisor. Viridiant offers an energetic, friendly work environment, attractive office, and excellent educational and growth opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Field-verify and support single and multifamily new construction and renovation projects
- Provide technical assistance to participating builders during design review and throughout the project design and construction
- Perform outreach to new builders to explain the benefits of participating in the EarthCraft program
- Energy analysis and verification of EarthCraft worksheet items
- Blower door, duct blaster, and other diagnostic testing
- Project tracking and reporting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Candidate must be proficient with PCs and the Microsoft Office suite and should be able to readily learn new software programs, including Salesforce.
- Candidate should be organized and able to prioritize tasks with minimal direction.
- Candidate should be enthusiastic about educating builders on Viridiant’s services and encouraging builder participation in programs.
- Strong communication skills and sense of urgency are a must.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work.
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient construction and green buildings, including diagnostic testing preferred.
- HERS or RFI certification is desired, but training will be provided for the right individual.
- Commitment to the Viridiant mission
- Impeccable integrity
- Collaborative and positive demeanor
Performing field inspections involves extensive navigation in and around buildings, attics and sites, as well as climbing ladders. Therefore, an applicant must possess physical dexterity, endurance, and balance to safely and effectively accomplish this work and be able to lift 40 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Work
Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM generally, with some flexible options. Some travel required. This is an FLSA nonexempt position. Salary up to $35,000 plus benefits to commensurate with experience.