Viridiant is currently hiring for the following position. See details below.
To apply for the position, respond via email with a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Operations” in subject line. Please, no telephone inquiries. Viridiant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director of Operations
Viridiant, a nonprofit environmental organization that works to advance sustainable, affordable, resource and energy efficient construction, seeks applications for a Director of Operations. Viridiant offers an energetic, friendly work environment, attractive office, and excellent educational and growth opportunities.
- Human Resources
- Office Management
- Potential growth into financial management, including audit, budgets, investments, contract management and finance committee communications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Process payroll and complete monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Manage accounts receivable and collections process
- Review and approve accounts payable
- Prepare bank deposits
- Maintain database by entering, updating and retrieving data
- Manage the recruitment and hiring process
- Day to day responsibilities of employee relations and benefits for 10 full-time employees
- Manage office equipment, supplies and subscriptions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred plus 1-2 years related experience. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Quickbooks and Salesforce experience preferred or experience with similar applications
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to implement and clearly communicate HR policies and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated in-depth attention to detail of financial principles as well as the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues. Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal and external customers.
- Commitment to the Viridiant mission
- Impeccable integrity
- Collaborative and positive demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Flexibility within the Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM time frame. Salary range from $42,000-$47,000, DOE.